20 gallon stocking suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the barb

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys you have any stocking suggestions for a 20 gallon tank, I've got 5 baby platies I'll eventually put in the tank. It's still cycling. I'm open to all community tank suggestions. Thanks

If you are getting 5 baby platties, you can go a couple ways. You can get 5 neon tetras if you are interested in community fish or 4 guppies (4 males or 1 male and 3 females). If you do not want to do that you could get two rams if you have hiding places for them. But you will need a male an female. Also, I might recommend some Red Cherry Shrimp for the bottom, or a snail. I am also a fan of planted tanks. But don't add everything all at once if the tank is still cycling.

I'm thinking some harlequin rasboras? Would that be ok? I might get guppies. Would that be fine? I usually wait about 2 weeks before I even consider getting even zebra danios, about 2 months to get like neon tetras

Neon Tetras was actually the first fish I put in. I did a fish in cycle. Just remember the one inch of adult fish per gallon rule (excluding shrimp)

Ok, I personally have had a bad experience with them so I don't want to get them

I'm also thinking about getting some ottos or something idk

Back
Top Bottom