20 Gallon tank with air bubbles in the seams, please help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slvrknght8

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,
I just bought a 20 gallon aquarium for freshwater fish. I set everything up including adding the gravel, plants, filter, and the water. Recently I noticed a few air bubbles or pockets in the seams where the silicone is connecting two of the glass panes. The air bubbles are from about mid tank all the way to the top and one is wide enough that it goes from the outside until the inner silicone sealant. I've had the tank for about three days now and there have been no leaks but is this something I should be worried about? Will the tank leak in the future? It took me a long time to set up this tank and would really hate to do it again. Nevertheless, I would return it and exchange it for another one if there is a big possibility of something going wrong. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Kevin

I'm not sure I understand what your problem is Kevin, nor have I ever heard of anything like this before. Could it be air bubbles just clinging to a surface (which is common). Try breaking them up with your hand. If the tank isn't leaking, I would imagine the silicone is doing it's job.

Back
Top Bottom