Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-17-2018, 02:14 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

20 Long Planning

Hello All! It's been a long time since I've been on here

Well, I had some issues with my 20 long with the heater and there were no survivors...

Thus I get to "restart" my 20 Long again! Yay?

I'm in between with some fish for the tank, thus coming to you all for some ideas

So I've put in a few fish already:
x1 Dwarf Gourami (male)
x3 Kuhli Loach (yes I plan on getting more, there just were only three at the store when I bought them)--The goal is to get them up to around 7 (maybe another one but we'll see...)

Options:
1.) Getting around 13 Harlequin Rasboras
2.) Getting around 13 Pristella Tetra or Golden Pristella Tetras
3.) ...??? Any suggestions? I'm pretty much open to anything!

As you can see I'm leaning towards a schooling fish. What would you all say? I'm not going to lie, I'd really love to get pygmy corydoras but I'm scared there'd be too much going on at the bottom (but I have read that they spend a lot of time in the middle section of the tank--is that true?).

Oh this is a planted tank, I've transferred some plants around and am still working on them growing!

Thanks all!

Old 09-19-2018, 01:39 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

A fish I have been really liking is the Neon Green [aka yellow] Microdevario Kubotai. Since they are a "nano" fish, they are better for a larger group in a smaller space! As long as you don't have hard water.

Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 02:29 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry to hear about your tragedy. Glad you are restarting things. May i know what exactly happened with your heater?

The most close tight schooling fish is rummy nose tetra. They school great. One of my favourite videos on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/Re-3td8ZR4o

Neons and cardinals are also good. Corydoras will be fine but if you have delicate plants then they will disturb them by there continues movement. Also fish school more tightly when they suspect a predator in tank. I don't say you get one but maybe a little big size peaceful centre piece fish.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:17 PM   #4
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
A fish I have been really liking is the Neon Green [aka yellow] Microdevario Kubotai. Since they are a "nano" fish, they are better for a larger group in a smaller space! As long as you don't have hard water.
Barliman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
long

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com