20 Long Planning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello All! It's been a long time since I've been on here:)

Well, I had some issues with my 20 long with the heater and there were no survivors...

Thus I get to "restart" my 20 Long again! Yay?

I'm in between with some fish for the tank, thus coming to you all for some ideas:brows:

So I've put in a few fish already:
x1 Dwarf Gourami (male)
x3 Kuhli Loach (yes I plan on getting more, there just were only three at the store when I bought them)--The goal is to get them up to around 7 (maybe another one but we'll see...)

Options:
1.) Getting around 13 Harlequin Rasboras
2.) Getting around 13 Pristella Tetra or Golden Pristella Tetras
3.) ...??? Any suggestions? I'm pretty much open to anything!

As you can see I'm leaning towards a schooling fish. What would you all say? I'm not going to lie, I'd really love to get pygmy corydoras but I'm scared there'd be too much going on at the bottom (but I have read that they spend a lot of time in the middle section of the tank--is that true?).

Oh this is a planted tank, I've transferred some plants around and am still working on them growing!

Thanks all!

A fish I have been really liking is the Neon Green [aka yellow] Microdevario Kubotai. Since they are a "nano" fish, they are better for a larger group in a smaller space! As long as you don't have hard water.

Also feel like the Pygmy Cory would be great, maybe a dozen.

Welcome back.

Sorry it had to be because of tragedy.

Sorry to hear about your tragedy. Glad you are restarting things. May i know what exactly happened with your heater?

The most close tight schooling fish is rummy nose tetra. They school great. One of my favourite videos on YouTube.

Neons and cardinals are also good. Corydoras will be fine but if you have delicate plants then they will disturb them by there continues movement. Also fish school more tightly when they suspect a predator in tank. I don't say you get one but maybe a little big size peaceful centre piece fish.

Back
Top Bottom