200gal tank need input

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ManiacMagoo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so I have my tank getting built now. I want to know what the best hardware is to use on it. Like filters, heaters, and the such. I'm going to be making this a planted community tank with c02 and want to do it right from the start. I plan on using eco complete for the substrate and making a foam rock backing for the tank. I dont care much for my LFS to much so I'm comming here for help. I will be raising rams and a wide range of tetra's for a huge schooling effect. I have done the big fish tank to wow people now it's time for the wave of color tank with live plants. So how would you outfit a 200gal tankif money was no object?

Filter-wise, you may wish to consider a Fluval FX5, an Eheim 2260, or a wet/dry, although the canisters would probably be best for a planted tank.

For heating, I am fond of inline heaters, such as the Hydor (you would want two of the 300w models).

For lighting, a multiple-tube T5 system, which could be from a number of surces, depending on just what you desire.

For CO2, a 10lb tank and a Milwaulkee gauge system, with perhaps an inline reactor chamber.

Yeah I was thinking either 2 XP3's or FX5' with inline heaters. I'm going to build my stand and canopy so I can set my lights up the way I want them. I just want to get this thing setup the best from the get go instead of wishing I would of upgraded something a month or so down the road.

Back
Top Bottom