20G Long Restock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishkeeper26

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I was thinking of restocking my 20 gallon long medium planted aquarium, with a marineland biowheel 200. I want to do just neons, a pair of rams/kribs, an maybe something else like a DG.

If I were to just do neons and a pair of rams/kribs, how many neons could I have?

If I were to do neons, a pair of rams/kribs, and something else, how many neons could I have and what other fish should I have?

Would this work?

12x Neons
1x pair of Blue Rams
3x Otos

Could I add anything else?

Predfan27 said:
Something pretty you could do is 7 or so neons, a pair of apistos and a few corys. Maybe juhlii?

I like that, I wanna keep the neon school up more

No, I would only keep a pair or one singly. Being in groups it seems all too easy to pair off...and in a twenty gallon that's not a lot of room for a lot of em.

bruinsbro1997 said:
No, I would only keep a pair or one singly. Being in groups it seems all too easy to pair off...and in a twenty gallon that's not a lot of room for a lot of em.

Haha I just sent you a PM about this, sorry you can ignore it. Thanks!

Going back to my original plan:
12x neons, 2x blue rams, 3x otos and something else. Would that work, could I add anything else?

Oh whoops! Sent the PM before I saw this, my bad. :)

You sound like you have room for another small school if you cut back on the neons...you could try six neons and six cardinals, that would be a pretty interesting looking school of fish.

So if I did the mixed school of 12 would I be able to add anything else?
Thanks!

I would call it stocked right there just to be on the safe side, but maybe-just maybe-you could add a small school of harlequin rasboras or cherry barbs, about five or six.

Ok thanks!! I might do cherry barbs, cuz im usually good with water changes and I already have some

Back
Top Bottom