20g Temp. Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhunter

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm in the process of changing apartments and in the new apartment I'm downgrading my 125g to a 55g. I kept my clown loaches, my bristle nose pleco and my common pleco. I'm going to keep them housed in a 20g tank until I get everything set up.

The problem is, that won't be until early January. The clown loaches are fine, they're about 3 inches each. The pleco however is about 8 inches. I've had him for about 4 years and I don't want to get rid of him. I've got a canister filter rated for a 50g running on the tank. With strict water changes should I be worried about anything?

Well, it is ok to be temorarily overstocked. I dont see a problem with it. The fish might get a little stressed but not enought to hurt them IMO. Other's replies may differ, this is just my opinion

the only problem would be cramping. clowns from what i hear need excellent water, something that may be hard in a 20 gal, but if you stick to it. shame you have to downgrade. is the 125 for sale?

Back
Top Bottom