22 gal. stock ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catfishkid

Aquarium Advice Activist
Over the course of a few weeks/a month I have lost all of my fish except one. So I figured that it's about time to re-stock. The only thing in there is a male dwarf gourami, I'm open to any and all suggestions!

Most of the smaller tetras would work fine (neons, cardinals, black neons, pristella, glowlight and similar species). Cories are always a good option, there are several small species of rainbow fish, pitbull plecos, otos, platies, mollies, harlequin rasboras, endler's, or hatchetfish.

Once you have some fish in mind, check out Aqadvisor.com. It is a great tool to make sure the fish you have selected get along well and will survive well in your tank.

I've heard of "betta sororities", is that just a tank of female bettas?

I've heard of "betta sororities", is that just a tank of female bettas?
Yep. They can be tricky because you need the right mix of females in the right quantity and lots of plants and décor for them all to go hang out in/around. They are amazing if you can get one going, but bigger tanks seem best for these. The only ones I have personally seen work are more like 38g. But, some people have apparently had success with smaller ones.
I suggest you be a little cautious with AqAdvisor. It is not overly accurate IMO. I would only ever suggest using it for a rough idea, not as the final word. JMO.

Back
Top Bottom