24 light cycle VS turn the lights on and off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cohenjl13

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 110 with the Finnex Plated 24/7 I always see a dull purple or blue light on and it’s never pitch black like j think it would be.

The question is it better for the fish and plants to have this 24 hour cycle with no real darkness, or should I set up a schedule where it’s on or off?

I have a 110 with the Finnex Plated 24/7 I always see a dull purple or blue light on and it’s never pitch black like j think it would be.

The question is it better for the fish and plants to have this 24 hour cycle with no real darkness, or should I set up a schedule where it’s on or off?
I have a blue light at night. I shut it off every other night. I'm interested in this also.

Both my fish rooms and my 180 display tank have night lights.
No tank of my 50+ is ever in total darkness. The fish 'sleep' fine as long as it is not to bright.
My 180 has 2 @36" 24/7 on the 24/7 cycle.

Is it the original 24/7 model (not the SE model)? There is a “dark period”. Almost if not completely black for a couple of hours. I think between 2:00-5:00 AM.
I use this mode on my planted tank. Used to run it on my shrimp tank but that light pattern is not good for a bedroom. Like an annoying purplish night light.

Is it the original 24/7 model (not the SE model)? There is a “dark period”. Almost if not completely black for a couple of hours. I think between 2:00-5:00 AM.
I thought mine shut off also for about that duration.
I have a separate night only light in my 180 and actaull moonlights suspended in each room to all tanks from one source.

I think my timer is off then, I go to work at 3am and the light is a dull yellowIMG_1510213588.766058.jpg

Back
Top Bottom