24G Nano Cube FW Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TomStav

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This thread will follow the build of my 24G JBJ Nano Cube.

I hope to achieve a FW angelfish tank with plants and a co2 system.

I had this tank setup for a couple of years now but recently I cracked the back panel when transporting it so I have decided to build up the tank from scratch while the tanks inhabitants (a male and a female Angelfish) await in a quarantine tank.

I would like to discuss filter media, substrate, lighting, and plants in this discussion.

I have just replaced the back glass panel using "all glass aquarium" silicone and am going to do a leak test tomorrow once it has fully cured.

After delving the top rim I have to say I am considering leaving it off as I love the rimless look. I know it is risky and would like to get your opinion. I found this website http://reefcentral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=13903310 where someone did it to this tank with success.

Here are some pics of where it begins! Forgive the sloppy silicone I will clean it all up once I passes the leak test!

Thanks,

Tom

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

Is that a boyu tank. It looks good. Hope it is fixed. I like tanks without a lid. What tank mates will u have for the angels

It's a JBJ nano cube 24 tank. I think it will be sturdy enough without the rim as the front and sides are one piece and the back sump acts as a sturdy brace. q

I plan to just keep the two angels alone as I know the 24G is pushing it as it is. Along with a bottom dweller. My original intent was to get a larger tank for my angels but my collage student budget doesn't allow that!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

Back
Top Bottom