25 g normal stocklist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgthebeast

Aquarium Advice Addict
Any ideas, just downgraded my SW because of lack if time but FW is still manageable so I'm looking for ideas

Well, I would like to do something different actually. I'm fine with oddball large fish like an African bush fish but I'm fine with smaller schools of fish. I currently have a 36g bowfront with an angel an such as stocking and I plan to pull out my neons and move them to the 20 g anyway of I do anthor tropical

What are the dimensions of the tank? That is not a size I have ever kept, and google gave me mixed results.

I think I have the same one. I am using it as a biodiverse nano tank :)
Rcs
Cpo
Thai micro crabs
Scarlet badis
Ottos
Snails

That sounds really cool. I defiantly want a scarlet badis I do belive. I'm going to go look around my LFS store in a few week sand see what they have.

scarlet badis would be awesome! i have looked into them in the past and have always wanted one! what about making a nano tank? somethin like 4 scarlet badis, 10 galaxy rasbora, 6 pygmy corys, and 3 endlers livebearrers?

scarlet badis would be awesome! i have looked into them in the past and have always wanted one! what about making a nano tank? somethin like 4 scarlet badis, 10 galaxy rasbora, 6 pygmy corys, and 3 endlers livebearrers?

That would be very cool, a little hard to find but still cool. I think I'm going tiger on aquabid an look for scarlet badis and then move my neon tetras over from my 36 bowfront

Not sure about you, but my lfs has all of those basically in 1 nano tank haha

Knowing mine, they might, it's been awhile since I was last up there. They had a ton if tea cup stingrays last time I was there, very cool. Still gonna go creepin on aquabid to see what I an find. I might find a tank starter kit it something

If you wanted to go nano, you definitely have some amazing options. To be honest, one of the downsides of nano is the higher cost and limited availability of some species, especially since winter is approaching which can slow down shipping, as well as complicate it. But, if you want nano, you can certainly build an awesome tank. My favorite nano schooling fish is probably the ember tetra. They are little swimming gems, and great fish.
If you are not sure what direction you want to go in, I suggest making a trip to your lfs and seeing what stock they have. Sometimes you find amazing thing locally that you never have seen before.

If you wanted to go nano, you definitely have some amazing options. To be honest, one of the downsides of nano is the higher cost and limited availability of some species, especially since winter is approaching which can slow down shipping, as well as complicate it. But, if you want nano, you can certainly build an awesome tank. My favorite nano schooling fish is probably the ember tetra. They are little swimming gems, and great fish.
If you are not sure what direction you want to go in, I suggest making a trip to your lfs and seeing what stock they have. Sometimes you find amazing thing locally that you never have seen before.

The only other downside IMO is the nano fish tend to hide more. At least for me. But they are so amazing it is worth it!

I'm think I'm going nano on this for sure. It's gonna be awhile though so I have plenty of time. I
Want to heavily plant this tank and dose ferts and such. I think I'm going with ember flame tetras, there some of my favorites also. Prob a school of 7 along with a school of neons mabye , a scarlet badis, so lampeyes if I can find them or anthor small top level fish

I had 7 ember tetras in a much smaller tank. For your space, I suggest you start with a dozen. You may even want a couple more. Depends on what else in in there.
The nice thing about embers is that they are not crazy shy like some other nanos are. I have never had experience with them hiding. GodFan is correct that some nanos are big hiders.
One random thing to note with embers, they often look really drab at the time of purchase, but they color up really well once they are settled in, especially in a planted tank. :)

I had 7 ember tetras in a much smaller tank. For your space, I suggest you start with a dozen. You may even want a couple more. Depends on what else in in there.
The nice thing about embers is that they are not crazy shy like some other nanos are. I have never had experience with them hiding. GodFan is correct that some nanos are big hiders.
One random thing to note with embers, they often look really drab at the time of purchase, but they color up really well once they are settled in, especially in a planted tank. :)

Alright I'll def bump the numbers up. I do belive I'm going to try and order some fucanta rainbows and a scarlet badis from pc1 later on. I'll move them into my 36 bowfront until my 25 is ready.

Back
Top Bottom