25 gallon stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does the Betta have long fins and bright colors? If so, it's probably male. When you post the other pics, you could post pics of the Betta too, and we could tell you if it's a male or female.

Well the story is, I went with my 6 yr old daughter (same one that just stocked the 25g) to pick a Betta. I wanted a king Betta. Then as we were leaving she saw baby blue Betta.

She began crying because it missed its mother and it was all alone. So against my will we bought this guy or girl for my 5 gallon. It's too young to tell but I think it's a boy.

Attachments

• image-2770804366.jpg
    image-2770804366.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 79
  • image-1029925908.jpg
    image-1029925908.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 80
If its a betta yes do feed once per day or every second. I over fed a betta and it got swim bladder disease and died. I think they say the betta's stomach is the size of its eye.

Oh here is the pics

Attachments

• image-3888457820.jpg
    image-3888457820.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 72
  • image-352478886.jpg
    image-352478886.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 80
  • image-947599224.jpg
    image-947599224.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 69
I it's live bearers like that feed once per day or every second day enough for all food to be gone in 3 min. Sometimes u can tell if they are really hungry if they attack the food.

It's up to you how often to feed. You can feed tiny amounts twice a day or feed once a day. You can even feed every second day. They do well with one day of fasting a week and you can feed them vege like Goldies. Bnp LOVE green beans and all fish love peas.

Well everything is going well except for a outbreak of ICH. I got that under control now.

I have been feeding the BN Pleco algae wafers and Zucchini I think he is my favorite. I have big plans for him. Next house I promised myself I would get my dream tank. 75 gallon drilled with a 40g sump for my goldies. He will be moving there for algae maintenance. Also I will get my hillstream loach. Should be either this summer or next.

Betta is still in his 5 gallon but getting bigger I am pretty sure he is a boy now. I think I may leave him in his 5 gallon by himself.

Wondering if I could squeeze a dwarf gourami in the 25g?

Attachments

• image-4057656292.jpg
    image-4057656292.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 60
Mumma.of.two said:
BNP are my favorite too :) I think they are cute in an ugly way lol. So you have 6 neons, a BNP and three mollies, correct?

Yep! That's it

Mumma.of.two said:
I think it's doable as long as you stay on top of your PWC. But I know you will because your use to them with your goldies! :)

Yeah tell me about it I do 50% every week for my 44. I am doing 20% weekly in the 25 so far so good.

Back
Top Bottom