25 gallon tank stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slade428

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So far all I have in my 25 gallon is 8 peppered cory cats. What else would work with them?

Welcome to AA! With 8 peppered cory cats, you could maybe do a large school (7-9) of tetras such as black skirt or red eye, with a dwarf gourami and maybe some platys (3-4). Also, instead of the platys you could do a school of chili or harlequin rasbora. They are apparently very fun fish to watch.

Ok, so I ended up with:

7 corys (unfortunately lost one), 4 sunburst platys, 3 skirt tetras, and 2 african dwarf frogs. how does all that sound?

And the tank parameters are:

pH: 7.6
ammonia: 0
nitrite: 0
nitrate: 20

Is your tank planted. If not watch that your nitrates don't go any higher or even better yet to a PWC now to start lowering them.

"I would get at least two more tetras as they like to be in schools."

That's what I thought, but we were going slow to avoid overwhelming the tank. How many more tetras could I safely add before the tank is overstocked? I want them to be happy, but I also don't want the tank to have issues.

I agree with two more tetras plus with a small school if they have an aggression issues they will almost always bicker with each other. When the kids were little we had dwarf frogs and they actually got the little guys to eat out of their fingers. They really were cool little guys and never caused any trouble.

"I would get at least two more tetras as they like to be in schools."

That's what I thought, but we were going slow to avoid overwhelming the tank. How many more tetras could I safely add before the tank is overstocked? I want them to be happy, but I also don't want the tank to have issues.

You should be able to stock one school of tetras at once, as they are not very messy.

Back
Top Bottom