25 watt heater in a 2 gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd be afraid of cooking whatever you put in there. I'd look into getting a nano tank heater if it were me.

They are not, but they do the job at keeping the water around 76, which is suitable for just about any fish you would put in that size tank. I use one for my betta.

I live in a place where temperatures go down to 60 in the winter. I think it won't heat it enough.

What I would do is try the heater in the tank before putting a fish in it. I did notice some nano heaters are 25w so maybe it could work. I just wouldn't try it out with a fish in there but that is just me.

Nano heaters usually only raise the temperature 5 -10 degrees above room temperature. So if you are in the 60's, they might not work for you. I would go with the advise above and test without fish.

Try yours out like Rivercats has said and see if it works alright for that tank. I would never go with one that you can't adjust in case some day you do need to adjust it.

I am using a hydor theo heater 25 watt in my 2 gal Betta tank and it is adjustable and works great so 25 watt should be fine for you.

15 watt heater will get the tank to 78 degrees in about 8 hours. That is good enough for a 5-10 gallon tank

Back
Top Bottom