250gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anybody know if a 250 gal tank comes in a standard size and if so what the dimensions are? I am going to look at a 250 gal tank that is up for sale, just trying to calculate in advance whether or not I'd possibly have room for it. ROFL, MTS is going to break me! But it's not entirely my fault, people keep telling me about these darn tanks for sale. :angel:

A 250 gallon??? this wouldnt be to avoid a indoor pond project would it? :biglol:

the most common american aquarium sizes are at this link..
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/aquarium_sizes.php
the 250 gallon is not on the list but ones near that size (smaller and bigger) are on the list..
but Hagen has made some odd sizes for the Canadian market (some of wich I would love to get my hands on such as the 90 gallon breeder..) so that could be a possibility..
getting the dememtions is the best idea.. :p

No GM it isn't to avoid building an indoor pond, just sort of fell into my lap so to speak. Truthfully, I don't think it would be a wise idea right now, but I can't not look. :p

well.. I had to razz ya.. you havnt posted anything about it lately.. :p
good luck with that indoor pond.. too bad I cant swing a hammer to help (my arms arent that long LOL) :p :twisted: :p
I would check out Hagan's canadian sight to see if they make a 250 gallon..
and find out what brand that one is.. there is a custom aquarium maker from what ive heard up in the western side of canada that might have had there and in making the 250..
Big DIY glass aquariums are kinda rare IMO.. I would think this is either pre-fab or custom shop work most likely.. but you never know..

i want a 250g tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but that would mean giving up my dog. and my bedroom. and my son. hmmmmmmmm... worth it.......? can't. make. up. my. mind. ....

crazycat said:
i want a 250g tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but that would mean giving up my dog. and my bedroom. and my son. hmmmmmmmm... worth it.......? can't. make. up. my. mind. ....

who needs a couch and entertainment center when you can have a 250 gallon ( :twisted: REEF :twisted: ) tank!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zagz said:
I'm already there, the furniture is very very limited in my house!

looking at your sig. it looks like you could consolidate to 2 to 3 larger tanks.. :p of course there's no consolitdateing the big tank.. :p

sudz said:
... I think Crazycat wants you to get it. ;-)
I think so. LOL my family rolled their eyes when I told them I was going to look at it. They think I have totally lost my mind!

The 240 Gal tanks I've seen up here are 72 x 24 x 30H. Basically a 180, with an extra 6" of depth. The big problem with a tank of that depth is you can't reach the bottom, unless you have arms like an Orang Utan.

that would help BillD! :p
oranban.jpg

I think the locals just might think you look kinda strange though.. :p

Back
Top Bottom