25l molly tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sirtastic

Aquarium Advice Regular
Would it be okay to put 3 balloon molly's in a 25l tank that filters 100l/hour? and every week like 30 or 50% water change?

They are in a 54l tank right now so don't worry XD

There are some really cool nano fish which would be good for a tank that size.

Scarlet Badis aka Dario Dario, Chili Rasbora aka Boraras Brigittae, Sundadanio Blue, Green or Ruby, Dwarf Corydoras - Pygmy are easy to find, and others.

Or a Dwarf Shrimp tank would be perfect. Do you have harder or softer water out of the tap, do you know your kH & GH / TDS by any chance = good to know especially if you want to consider shrimp?

Have you seen any of the nano fish around where you are locally?

Well I had shrimp in there before and they got caught up into the filter area, a build in plastic area in the tank. So I moved the shrimp to a tank with only a sponge filter. And for tetra's, they are fun to watch in schools but in my tanks they don't school after 2 days orso. Not even when I do a water change or something (about 7 tetra's).

Some Tetras do not really school together. Just occassionally. Most do not school all the time. Many fish just wander around picking here and there, mainly they will school for protection, if there isn't a scary fish in the tank, they often do not feel like they need to be in a tight school.

From the fish I can think of off the top of my head, Rummy Nose are the ones which school together most tightly - stay together in the group, the majority of the time.

Chili Rasbora - Boraras Brigittae , I have ~12 now and they will wander and pic around the tank but do spend the majority of the time with most of them in a group. Sometimes these are harder to find at the lfs, but are available. There are other types which are similar be careful if you are wanting ot buy them to get what you pay for. I have been sold the wrong fish before (more costly price but were the lower price fish).

Boraras Merah aka Phoenix Rasbora
B. Maculatus aka Dwarf, Pygmy, Spotted Rasbora
B. Naevas aka Strawberry Rasbora
B. Urophthalmoides aka Exclamation Point

You can see here the differences if you want to get any, to make sure you get what you pay for...

Which boraras do you really have? A pictorial guide to the most common species - Invertebrates by Msjinkzd

Back
Top Bottom