26 gallon bowfront build (or renovation)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok Thats what Ill do! I think it will be sweet! I have to buy a new filter though... The aqueon apparantly isnt big enoufgh for my "add-ins". I have to add aragonite to my filter and it is causing alot of flow around. Also the aragonite is not working. The guy at my LFS said it could be because the aragonite is compacted. So I loosened it up amd low and behold the shrimp have been doing the dirty again! Now it probably needs to be stirred everyday. So I will be buying an aquaclear filter. No flow around and PLENTY of room for the bag of aragonite! So for a 26 gallon tank I am going to get the 70 gallon one!

Gotta love those aquaclears.. I myself have an xp1 on my 28g bow. I like the spraybar haha.
Canister is alittle outta my price range lol I will be buying it in a few weeks. For right now the bag of aragonite is hanging below my filter. Looks like a bag of poop. lol. I rearanged alittle and found out that my banana plant has some serious roots!

Lol! Yeah kinda expensive but very good I got a banana plant that's stretching like 7 inches! They are a pretty unique plant.

Lol! Yeah kinda expensive but very good I got a banana plant that's stretching like 7 inches! They are a pretty unique plant.
Yep they are! I have a HUGE leaf that has grown since I got it!

The shrimp are loving the aragonite! I found at least 3 more berried ones!

How do I get scarlet badis to breed? Mine have amazing color! One of the females has developed orange stripes! They are pretty bright for a female to! And red edging on the fins and a splash of blue. So I wanna breed them!

The tank looks beautiful!

Have you mixed sparkling gourami and scarlet badis before? I've always had a feeling that combo wouldn't work out well. I think the badis would be bullied.

I once saw this great article on it but I can't seem to find it now. The guy would put a pair in a bare bottom tank, with nothing but a huge mass of java moss. Like moss filling the entire tank. He showed pics of them in their embrace and everything. You'll probably be able to tell when they are done spawning, even if you didn't see it, because the male will begin protecting the eggs. I would move them back into the display tank at that time, since they could likely eat all the fry. They hatch really fast. This is another one that you want to start with infusoria. Here's some info on that: Growing your own infusoria, mostly paramecia

Thanks yall!
Siva I might try that. Mine dont even seem to have established the pecking order yet though so I will have to wait...

Havent upodated in a while! My plants arte growing great! I added some moneywort to replace the jungle vals (they werent growing) and added a mystery plant (it was free). My banana plant is about to pose a problem though. It is getting HUGE leaves and is about to grow one almost halfway up my tank! And it is in the front! My shrimp are breeding like mad. Right now I am waiting on my aquaclear to replace the aqueon so it will fit the stuff to harden my water. Oh and my cabomba will not grow so I will be taking it out too.
Scarlets are happy and eat flake food (at least I know one of them does I hope the others do) and I still feed frozen every now and then (I shoot for everyother day but....)

I need a schooler for this tank! I want something small and cool to roam the upper levels. What should I go with? I thought about black skirt tetras but Im not sure. (Siva since you have experience with Scarlet Badis I would really appreciate your opinion)

Hey! I have a 26 gal bowfront as well...was interested in your lighting situation. I am currently using the single 15watt t8 that it came with, but want to start growing plants. I just bought a small anubias attached to lava rock and am wondering if it will be able to survive and grow, especially with the tank depth being 21". How do you like the dual t5 bulb setup? Does the fixture fit over the existing hood?

Hey! I have a 26 gal bowfront as well...was interested in your lighting situation. I am currently using the single 15watt t8 that it came with, but want to start growing plants. I just bought a small anubias attached to lava rock and am wondering if it will be able to survive and grow, especially with the tank depth being 21". How do you like the dual t5 bulb setup? Does the fixture fit over the existing hood?
The dual bulb 24 inch t5 fixture is amazing! It fits over the existing hood with very little problems. It overhangs the designated light slot by a tad but it will not be a problem once the cord loosens up and stops yanken on it lol It grows my plants (all low light) great! The light you have now may grow anubias (it can survive in a dark closet for a time I have heard) but if you want more plants you definetly want to get a better light. Also I dont know why but the t5 fixtures all seem to come with one 6700k and one colormax bulb. I replaced the colormax with another 6700k.

Havent updated in awhile. I got some moneywort. It didnt seem to like the back of my tank so now it is in the middle directly under the light. /the jungle vals are mostly gone. I have 1 lilly pad and another growing. My water sprite uis doing great and I got a mystery plant of some kind. I will try to add pics tomorrow!

Hey anybody still with me? I am going to try and get pics either tomorrow or thev next day. I have rearranged alittle and added new plants and..... NEW FISH! I got some ember tetras!

Back
Top Bottom