26g Bowfront Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greahound

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey, so I currently have an established 26g bowfront aquarium. It's seeming a little lacking in its stock after I removed the cherry barbs + dwarf gourami that used to be in there (gourami got his own tank and the cherry barbs just were too nippy). Currently it has 9 neon tetras and 1 bristlenose pleco. Do any of you have any suggestions as to what I should finish its stocking with, if anything at all? The neons hang out in a nice shoal near the bottom but the middle and top section are pretty bare. I think I'm looking for two shoals and one centerpiece fish, if possible.

Some other info:
- normal top fin filter + undergravel filter
- has a heater set to 80f
- some plants; water wisteria, java fern, and anacharis for now
- there are sharp plastic plants in there still. trying to phase them out slowly with live plants, bear with me lol
- water changes every week / every two weeks
- black gravel

I have black neon tetras and I love them. They don't always school but they look great when they do. They also are a bit bigger than your regular neons. They are also hardy and cheap.
Not many options for a centerpiece fish other than a dwarf gourami or betta. Maybe you can find a cichlid around the size/temperament you want. Mollies get a decent size but they like to be in groups. Platys would be bigger than the tetras and come in every colour of the rainbow. Also like to be in groups.

Back
Top Bottom