270 gallon tall tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JraGold

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm potentially getting a 270 gallon aquarium and I have a couple of questions/concerns and was hoping someone here may be able to help. The dimensions are 72"L x 36"T x 24"W. once it's all full with water and all deco and stand it would probably be close to 3500 lbs. it would be going on my second level in a 4 level backsplit home meaning its below grade on a cement floor. With that amount of weight in such a small area could it damage my foundation or floor in my home?

Basically just wondering how other people that have large aquariums are setup? How is your stand made to hold that amount of weight? 2x6 for more structural support?

Wow, that sounds like a monster aquarium! Your concern is a good one, I would recommend you have a professional contractor check out your flooring to make sure it won't come crashing down. Best of luck with this build, please post some pics when you have it up and running.

I had a 350g tank on wood floor and joist with no problems

Should be fine on concrete

I had a 350g tank on wood floor and joist with no problems

Should be fine on concrete

Really? Ok well that's reassuring. It just seems like so much weight in such a little space.

Well it's not totally finished yet but here it is.

image-4210206262.jpg

Back
Top Bottom