28 bow front stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep it's mopani. Will all this fuzz go away?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes it will. I can't recall how long it takes but it does go away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes it will. I can't recall how long it takes but it does go away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Okay thanks! Hopefully it's fast!!!

I would do that but I don't want to if it's just going to grow back?

I did it and it came back lighter then did it again and has not come back since

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Okay thx! I think I'll wipe it down next water change!

How about a pair of Bolivian rams? I've never kept them before!

I like Bolivian rams, I have 4, very peaceful and easy to keep.

Ya definitely thinking about them! Also I think I'm going to return the serpae tetras for some harlequin rasboras. I wish I would've known they would be so nippy /:

Also this piece of dw is driving me insane. The fuzz is like everywhere in the tank...plants, glass, rocks, sand?!? Is it supposed to spread like that. Tomorrow I think I'm gonna just take it out and let it continue to soak in the bathtub.

Went ahead and scrubbed everything down really good to get it off

Stock I'm thinking

2 Bolivian rams
1 angel or gourami
6 serpae tetras
3-4 Cory's
1bn pleco

I'd change the serpaes

I'm want to wait and see how they act when I add other fish. If they're to nippy I will definitely switch them out for something

If you really like the serpaes there is another species that looks like them and doesn't nip I just can't remember the name

It's not that I'm super in love with them, I just want to give them a chance before a completely give up on them and return them lol.

Not worth it. As soon as I thought they had calmed; they'll wait until the tank is very pretty; then wake up and half your Angels pec fin would be missing. And you had just remarked the day before about long they've gotten. Then the next morning the same goes for the gourami.... Pec fin of the gourami is 'bent' cause that was the last time they snipped it off before I took them out. Their permanent message to me that I didn't get em out sooner, lol

My gold gourami is my favorite fish of all of them. Full of personality and eye-catching. Visitors always point him out. But picked him out from a 150 because he was at the front of the tank following me around. For my other tank I picked a particular yellow lab. My shark was turning into a terror as he grew and within two or three weeks the yellow lab had outgrown the shark and now the lab is the boss, but he's not anywhere as aggressive as the shark. I was going to rehome the shark, but now I don't have to. My husband named the lab. VBG But my point is that you want to select a particular fish, not just a specific kind of fish.

I can see all of your concerns. Read about them online on a couple other forums about experiences with them, guess they really are untrustworthy lol.

I want a pair of Bolivian rams for sure, and would like to have a boy and girl and watch the cycle of life when they breed! How can you tell if they are male or female though?

Made a trip to lfs, got a gold gourami and a 4in angel, very pretty fish. Hoping the serpae's behave. I'll let you guys know how it goes :)

Back
Top Bottom