28 bow front stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhawk__

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have had the tank forever, have had community fish, aggressive fish, fish that probably aren't supposed to be in there etc. lol

I just recently did a rescape, I bought a huge piece of driftwood and I currently have fake plants, I used to have real like a year back, but I found them to be a pain having to trim constantly. The fake plants look surprisingly good!

So now for the problem, I can't decide what I want to stock!!
I currently have

6 serpae tetras
3 albino Cory cats
1 albino Bn pleco

(I have a weird thing for albinos lol)
I need a centerpiece fish!! And possibly a secondary fish of some sort! All help appreciated :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Forgot to add a pic! Dw Is being held down by a rock currently and water is a little tea colored from the tannins.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409711268.345043.jpg

I have kept rams before, never had much luck, longest they lived is 6 months max, of course my water is not as soft as they prefer.

Some sort of gourami? I have never kept them but lately at the stores I have seen some really beautiful ones.

Serpaes can get pretty nippy sometimes. A krib would be a nice addition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some sort of gourami? I have never kept them but lately at the stores I have seen some really beautiful ones.

I was really considering a gourami!! What kind do you like best?

Serpaes can get pretty nippy sometimes. A krib would be a nice addition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ya I realized that after I bought them lol, I originally wanted a community betta but I don't think that can happen now. Not super interested in kribs, have kept them in the past and had a bad experience with them.

I was really considering a gourami!! What kind do you like best?

I like all the gourami varieties. I would guess you would want a larger one for centerpiece fish as opposed to a dwarf variety? I saw some that were called snakeskin I think. They had a neat pattern to them in blues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've got a snakeskin and a gold gourami. Snakeskin by far is the most entertaining of the two.

Attachments

• 20140827_181247.jpg
    20140827_181247.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 20140827_181349.jpg
    20140827_181349.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 97
Very pretty fish! Not sure if my lfs has those though.

Considering an angel, but I don't want the serpae's to nip him to death. I actually really am interested in gold gourami's to! I like lots of color :)

Serpae's can get a bit nippy with the Gourami as well. I like the Snakeskin with them because they get a bit larger than most other Gourami's and the ST will probably give him/her a wide berth.

If the Gourami is the largest in the tank, they can be aggressive. But put in something a lil more aggressive and they get surprising timid.

I think you might have reduced a lot of options with the tetra school you have. Gouramis are excellent center piece fish, I have 2 honey Gouramis, but my tank has neon tetras and guppies. You might be able to put a Bos rainbow or 2 in there.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409861091.039188.jpg

Official name and stats for it. I went with the dwarf neon rainbows in my tank.

Really liking the rainbows, nice looking fish! I don't want them to feel crowded in the tank though.

I have an off topic question, within a couple of days of putting the new piece of driftwood in my tank, it had the white fuzz all over it. It's also spreading to my rocks and on the tank glass. Does anyone know what this is? Should I be concerned

What kind of driftwood? When I added mopani driftwood same thing happened. Didn't hurt anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom