28 gal re-design/stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pictuslover23

Aquarium Advice Regular
Alright so I have a pretty densely planted 28 gal, that has just been pretty much stripped of fish due to my friend starting her 55 gal and giving my pictus and upside down cats a better home. Anyway, I'm left with a trio of sword tails and one male betta. I was thinking of going with smaller fish this time, so that everyone can be happy. Now, I can put my betta into a nice 5gal if he decides to be a little jerk. I was thinking a school of Pygmy cories, not sure how many, a pair of apistos, and something else... Ideas anyone?? Oh and Ofcourse parameters!
Ph 6.8-7.0
Temp: 79
Ammonia:0
Cheers!!

a school of any kind of cories would work nice, and also I would get a school of tetras like pristellas, black phantoms, or rummynose

if you did Pygmy cories you could do a group of like 10-12. or a group of 5 regular cories. I don't have many suggestions for a top dweller.. maybe rasboras

I like white cloud minnow for the top! I think its a over looked fish :)

Edit: they do like a little colder temp

Hi,
I adopted some fish from someone who was moving and she said the fish were Neons but ended up with a little shoal of 5 Harlequin Rasboras and a glowlight tetra which was so stressed out it was almost white and for the life of me I couldn't figure out what kind of fish it even was, looked kinda like a yellow neon or albino but had black eyes, well after a few days I saw a completely different fish that had color and finally figured out what he was and he was so cool looking I got him some buddies and they are very attractive.

The Harlequins stay in the top part of the tank and school pretty tightly. I love them near the top since sometimes it's kinda bare in that section and the glowlights stays toward the bottom and hang out near the Neons and they look good together.

Back
Top Bottom