Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

28g euro stocking

All right so I'm almost done with my 28g cycle and I'm thinking of adding these tell me what you think (obviously not all at once).

6xMarbled Hatchets
4-5x Emperor Tetras
4xKhuli loaches
1xNeon Dwarf Gourami
1-2Dwarf Rams (either electric,German, or a Cockatoo pair) not sure.

Anybody see any problems? I know there should be 6 khulies but 4-5 should be fine the is taller than wider since its a bowfront. Thanks.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:23 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Btw it's sand substrate,xp1 filter. Here's a pic not done scaping though!

Old 02-09-2012, 01:54 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

If you are finishing a fishless cycle couldn't you add most if not all the fish at the same time?
Old 02-09-2012, 02:09 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallfry53
If you are finishing a fishless cycle couldn't you add most if not all the fish at the same time?
Not really, its best to stock slowly just so the bacteria can catch up to the bioload of all the fish being added.

Also cause the DG, and rams are very delicate and I'll need to wait a few months to add them into my tank once it's matured.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:31 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ok I see what you are saying about letting the tank mature, but if you do a fishless cycle isn't the ammonia you are putting in the tank representing the bioload of the fish?
Old 02-09-2012, 02:34 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Ok I see what you are saying about letting the tank mature, but if you do a fishless cycle isn't the ammonia you are putting in the tank representing the bioload of the fish?
I'm doing a fish in cycle with 5 juvenile tiger barbs. So their bioload Won't be the same as all the other fish I'm adding.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:53 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

O ok I got the impression you were doing a fishless cycle and were about to add fish. Sorry. I am almost done cycling my 29g and I was also thinking about getting 4-5 Black Kuhli loaches. I have read that they can be bashful and hide quite a bit, but at my lfs they were very active even though they are supposed to be nocturnal. If you get some they will probably enjoy having sand to burrow in at times. Anyway... good luck.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:56 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
O ok I got the impression you were doing a fishless cycle and were about to add fish. Sorry. I am almost done cycling my 29g and I was also thinking about getting 4-5 Black Kuhli loaches. I have read that they can be bashful and hide quite a bit, but at my lfs they were very active even though they are supposed to be nocturnal. If you get some they will probably enjoy having sand to burrow in at times. Anyway... good luck.
Yeah I had some khulies before in gravel the hid alot. I'm hoping with a few more and a moderately planted tank they'll come out more!
Old 02-09-2012, 03:07 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeah I have heard the more places they have to hide the more they don't hide. I guess they just feel more secure having places they can hide.

Tags
28g, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com