29 gal stocking...What do you think??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gloomy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I cannot make up my mind about fhe fish I want. At the moment I am still foishless cycling and I still need plants and hidey spots. So I can be flexible! I know I want some cory cats...
and that's all I know...
I was thinking either:
dwarf gourami
or
tiger barbs

What would be nice with a dwarf gourami...?

And if i get a school of green tiger barbs and a school of just regular tiger barbs...that would probably be pretty...but kind of plain...

I guess I want something kind of different but easyish to find

Errmm Cinder "29 gal stocking...What do you think??" as a tittle? LOL

i do like the dwarf gourami, and tetra's go with them, lots of people will give you some idea's, so have fun stocking :) glad to see that your doing a fishless cycle!!!

The title says 29g.

Sometimes tiger barbs will pick on cories. I've never kept them, so I can't give you any experiences with them. They will also nip your gourami most likely. I'd go with some peaceful tetras or some dwarf neon rainbows.

I think that Tiger Barbs will be just fine in a 29 gal. I have had 10 in a planted 29 two different times and never had a problem. I am not into Cory's at all so I don't know. Tiger Barbs are awesome when you have a school.

I agree Talloulou, however feeding would be more of a problem in my opinion. A good school of Tiger's will absolutely demolish sinking pellets before a small Cory gets a chance. There are onbviously ways around this, just a point. In my 29 I have My Tiger Barbs and Yo Yo Loaches and 1 Raphael Catfish. The Yo Yo's and the Raphael are more aggressive and bigger so they have no problem getting food. If you like to see a feeding frenzy, Tiger Barbs are the way to go!

Yeah, I just fed mine bloodworms for the first time today. I've never seen the Tigers go at food like that before - no one else got a worm. I usually put some flake in, then drop the sinkers for the corys, then put some more flake in. This keeps the Tigers focused on the top of the tank for a while, and let's the corys find the food. Once they find it, they will keep coming back and swapping off with the one tiger that comes down for an after-dinner snack.

The big problem right now is my mystery snail. It makes a beeline for the sinkers, then sits on top of them. I'm having to split my algae wafers and drop them on opposite ends of the tank.

You know that's funny src. Mine don't really care for bloodworms, they go CRAZY for flakes and love when I feed them peas every two weeks.

Duh! Dipstick here. Sorry about that guys - that's what I get for reading this at night when I'm way overtired.

Back
Top Bottom