29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You'll need to play with ratios a bit too. 3 females to every male is a good way to go. I'd start with two sets of that, so 6 females and 2 males, so you can get variety in your strains. You'll also need to cull any deformed fish, and retire females that've bred too much to another tank. The angel(s) should help with the culling, and you can retire the original females and males and replace them with prettier ones for more colorful strains. :) time to research genetics!

Personally I think a 29 is too small for angels. If you were going to put them in a 29, they'd need the top for themselves and wouldn't be able to share it with the guppies.

I wouldn't start your betta on live foods since it's in a community setting. Even if, you don't want to feed bettas too much protein in the way of frozen or live foods..and their stomachs are the size of their eye so you want to feed in moderation. I would only feed high protein meals to them max three days a week. So sadly I don't think one betta can take care of your guppy fry situation. You might be able to get some store credit or something at your lfs for them. Personally I'd just do males though since they are so much more attractive.

From what I have read a 29g tall would work for angels since they have the vertical height that would be ok.

I do think if you put angels in a 29 they need to be given the top for themselves, as it is the smallest tank suitable for them. I don't think the top section of the tank has room for angels and a big pack of guppies. Personally, I wouldn't do angels in a 29. I just don't like the look of a fish that big in a tank that size.

None of my angelfish stay at the top of their tanks. I keep them in everything from 20H's to 125g at the moment. In a 29g there is plenty of room for a couple of angels and some schoolers or other community friendly fish.

Of course there are differences in opinion as to what we all think is ideal but I don't think there is a detrimental reason as to why they shouldn't be in one, (i.e. lack of space or bioload)

None of my angelfish stay at the top of their tanks. I keep them in everything from 20H's to 125g at the moment. In a 29g there is plenty of room for a couple of angels and some schoolers or other community friendly fish.

Of course there are differences in opinion as to what we all think is ideal but I don't think there is a detrimental reason as to why they shouldn't be in one, (i.e. lack of space or bioload)

Right it really is a personal thing as I don't have the experience with them that you have...I just can't help but think full grown angels look silly in a 29 :whistle:

Kit includes
*29 gallon
*30" deluxe flo full hood(lamp included)
*20-40 power filter
*10" 100W Heater
*5" Net
*thermometer
*castle
* siphon
* PH testing kit
*wall scrubber
*and I think an airpump..
All for 40$
There might be more stuff.. I haven't unloaded it yet!

Thanks! :D I didn't know it came with All that! I was about to happily take a tank and lid and filter for 40$ but I guess got
Lucky enough to get the
Rest!

Awesome deal! Sounds like all your are going to need is probably an additional filter and substrate! Right on :)

Back
Top Bottom