29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well the stock filter on an Aqua Culture kit isn't going to cut it for a 29 IMO. It's not a great filter anyway. Even with a superior Aqueon 29 kit I still upgrade the filtration. I'm going to recommend you add atleast an AquaClear 30 along with that. I double filter all my tanks 20 gals and up and I can't tell you the difference it makes. If you want to run just the stock filter you'll want to stock real lightly.

Guys!' I had to clean everything!! That took about 3 hours of a sponge, a razor and water... :/ but will hopefully be worth it. Went and got a little table to put the tank on. We are having glass put in tomorrow so thAt the wood isn't ruined by the water..
So I was thinking...
Could I get a shark?! !!!!!
What else (if I can) would you put with a shark? Would they work with the BN Pleco?!

Guys!' I had to clean everything!! That took about 3 hours of a sponge, a razor and water... :/ but will hopefully be worth it. Went and got a little table to put the tank on. We are having glass put in tomorrow so thAt the wood isn't ruined by the water..
So I was thinking...
Could I get a shark?! !!!!!
What else (if I can) would you put with a shark? Would they work with the BN Pleco?!
no,a 29 is to small for a shark,rainbows and redtails(smallest species rferred to as sharks) need at least 55 gallons.but a bn would be fine.

I agree. No six inch fish can really thrive in a tank that short.

For a 29 some I think are cool are...julii and panda corydoras, glo-fish/zebra danios, neon tetra, cardinal tetra, glowlight tetra, head and taillight tetra, kerri tetra, rummynose tetra, dwarf gourami, betta, guppies, swordtails, bolivian rams, harlequin rasbora, espei rasbora, kuhli loaches....

Hmm I'm not thinking of many fish I'd consider semi-aggresive that work in a 29..

If you like BN's...you could do a clown pleco or a pair of pitbull plecos instead if you prefer them.

What else do you like?

Dwarf gouramis? No, only one. If you stock more than one it usually leads to issues. Especially if they are all males which is what they typically sell at the lfs.

The biggest fish I can think of that works in a 29 is a dwarf cichlid like rams or apistos.

In a well planted tank glo fish and cories might give you babies :)

You could do a big group of Gardneri Killifish along with a school of glo's or rasboras. They are egg layers and will reproduce nicely for you, but will eat any fry you don't remove quickly. They are not peaceful community fish and should only be kept with short finned fast moving fish.

Yeah you could do pandas for sure, most any cory will work in a 29.

angelfish..............

another one that comes to mind, paradisefish.

here's a pic of some that we kept in a 29g along with black neons and a few other bits and bobs
img_1439659_0_3f2b4ffda72886107a5d21d41a87bdfb.jpg

Paradise fish are beautiful. I haven't been able to get my hands on any.

Back
Top Bottom