29 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maddybrat

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, so today I randomly decide to get on craigslist for the first time ever! And I found a 29 gallon tank with everything included for only 40$
I am wondering after my tank is cycled any ideas to put in there?
I think I want a small pleco.

Are you wanting it to be a peaceful community tank? Lots of options for small schooling fish...

Idk.. My 10 Is a community.. So what about something else? And just wanting to share.. The guy is taking my tank off craigslist

A couple of smaller angel fish could work in a 29. That would be different.

maddybrat said:
I think I want to have it be a fancy guppy breeding tank.

If you breed them, be prepared to find lots of homes for the fry.. These are worse than rabbits, when it comes to breeding of course.

maddybrat said:
Or lyretail?! Will they interbreed?

Yup... I don't know if you want to go down that road lol... Breeding livebearers is easy, it's finding homes for all of them that's hard.

If you breed them, be prepared to find lots of homes for the fry.. These are worse than rabbits, when it comes to breeding of course.

Yeah I'm petitioning to have the saying changed from "breeding like rabbits" to "breeding like guppies" lol

The problem with breeding them is that you typically can't get much of anything for them, and they end up being more of a hassle then it's worth. A large group of colorful male guppies is SO pretty though! One idea would be to do a big group of male guppies for the top, and then some other fish that will hang down lower ;)

It doesn't exactly work that way....you'll end up with thousands of guppies in there ;)

maddybrat said:
I hear betas like live food :/

Honestly... Maybe a guppy breeding tank with an angel or two would be best... Just get the angels a bit older and they'll do a mighty fine job on population control lol.

Back
Top Bottom