29 gallon algea eater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
In a 29 gallon tank. My desired stock tho have is

8 cherry barbs
4 Julii Cory cats
1 apistogramma
1 German blue ram
3 swordtail
Do I have room for any algea eaters? I want rather a golden algea eater, 3 otos, or a bn pleco. Do any work? And can I add a a school. Of some harqualine rasboras or 3 guppies? Thank, any and all input is appreciated

I suggest avoiding the golden algae eater. It is actually a Chinese algae eater and they commonly get aggressive once they get some size on them IME.
Either otos or a bnp would be fine for your set up IMO. Otos can be rather sensitive, so I suggest making certain the tank is well established before adding them.
I do not suggest adding another school considering the potential adult size swordtails can reach. Adding a few guppies would be fine IMO provided your filtration can handle the bioload.

Yes, 1 swordtail would be fine. If you cut the other swords out, IMO you would be able to do a small school of harlequin rasboras.

Ok, would this be overstocked?

6 cherry barbs
5 phantom tetras
4 Julii Cory's
3 otos
1 apistogramma
1 gbr
1 swordtail
And would a bn pleco be needed with otos?

No, a bnp is not needed with otos.
Are you looking at black phantom tetras, or red phantom tetras?
If you are looking at black phantom tetras, that stock seems fine to me. I have not kept the reds, but I have heard some pretty nasty stories about them bickering so I generally suggest a similar looking tetra like bleeding hearts instead.

Back
Top Bottom