29 gallon aquarium stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LaCosaNostra

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys and gals,

Long time, no speak. I was the gentleman who lost all of his fish due to Hurricane Sandy last year. Since then...I have re-stocked my aquarium with (6) albino cory's and (7) glow light tetras. Everything is going extremely well (it's been 9 months and fish are thriving and water parameters are fantastic).

However, I would like to add one more solitary fish as a centerpiece to my community tank. My question is, other than a dwarf gourami, are there any other fish that are "showy", relatively small in size (to avoid over-crowding) and can thrive without a school of its own kind.

Of course it would have to co-exist with my glowlights and cory's.

My tank is equipped with an Aquaclear 50 and a Jager heater.

Thanks...in advance...for any suggestions and feedback.

You could also do a single German blue ram, Bolivian ram, or apisto (check out apistogramma cacatuoides or borellii).

Aside from one of these you'd still have room for a peaceful honey gourami or a couple of peacock gudgeons as well.

You could also do a single German blue ram, Bolivian ram, or apisto (check out apistogramma cacatuoides or borellii).

Aside from one of these you'd still have room for a peaceful honey gourami or a couple of peacock gudgeons as well.

I agree I would highly recommend a blue ram, I had 4 in my aquarium however in bad condition 2 passed away. The rams are extremely peaceful. Angels have never bothered my tetras either so u could go with them. Knight gobies look nice to or mini flounders. I really enjoy neon dwarf gouramies as well.

I like the apistogramma boreli because it is one of the hardiest apisto species.

Back
Top Bottom