29 gallon help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lilme

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok so i got rid of my jerk of a opline gouramie
i want to stock my tank with
5 mollys -lyrtail and regs 4fm-1m
3 bloon molys 2-fm 1-m
3 swordtails -3fm
3 platy -2fm-1 m
5 guppy 4-fm and 1-m
and a shrimp for cleaners yes or no:thanks:

Personally I think you'll do better without the mollies. They get a bit large and can get playfully aggressive.

I'd say scrap those and get a few more shrimp.

Sent from my 831C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a 29 gallon and currently have mollies, neon tetras, and 2 guppies in it. 8 Mollies may be a bit too much for a 29 gallon though. Mollies can get up to 4 inches. I currently have 4 adults and around 5 babies in mine. They can be aggressive but tend to only fight among themselves. They can also be food hogs but this can be overcome by feeding larger size, floating food along with the flakes or other small food. I would say stick to one type of molly and get 4 of either variety. I would get one of the others you mentioned and up the school to at least 6. They like to be in bigger groups. It makes them less likely to fight with other fish. You could then do some type of bottom dweller like Khuli loach. The shrimp may or may not be eaten by the mollies. My original ones lived with ghost shrimp and blue pearl shrimp, same type of shrimp as cherry. The original mollies left the shrimp alone. Their offspring however developed a real liking to shrimp babies and cleaned the tank out. Provide plenty of hiding places for the shrimp that the fish cannot get into. There is a site called aquaadvisor that allows you to input your tank size, filter, and fish and it tells you if they will work.

I am thinking a molly tank

Sent from my Zeepad 7DRK using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I am thinking a molly tank

Sent from my Zeepad 7DRK using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You have multiple threads and keep changing your mind. You should consider merging your threads, so all your ideas and answers are in one place.

I do NOT recommend Mollies in any tanks under 30g. They can get aggressive in small tanks. Super pushy about food.

Platies are a better size. BUT you need either just one sex, or a plan to deal with all the babies. I am not a fan of most Livebearers. They constantly harass the females and can disturb other fish. But that's just my opinion. I enjoy having a single male Guppy in my tanks.

Livebearers should be 1 male to 4 females if you want to keep the females alive.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom