29 Gallon Overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdxj5

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I wanted to know how much is enough for a 29 gallon aquarium. Right now I have 4 silver hatchetfish, 6 neon tetras, 3 cory cats, and 1 clown pleco (gets to around 4 inches). I plan on adding 3 more neons and 2 bolivian rams. That wouldnt be overstocking but I want to add another small school of deep body tetras. Would that be too much?

kdxj5 said:
I wanted to know how much is enough for a 29 gallon aquarium. Right now I have 4 silver hatchetfish, 6 neon tetras, 3 cory cats, and 1 clown pleco (gets to around 4 inches). I plan on adding 3 more neons and 2 bolivian rams. That wouldnt be overstocking but I want to add another small school of deep body tetras. Would that be too much?

Hi! First off I think you should work on your existing stock.. You could do:
6 silver hatchetfish
10 neon tetra
6 Cories
1 clown pleco
2 bolivian rams
That sounds about right. You may be able to do a school of something else , but I wouldn't

Thanks for the suggestion, but im content with my schools except for the neons to which I will add more too. Do you think 6 black skirt tetras would be good?

Instead of adding another school (i wouldnt do that anyways) i would add just 1 center peice fish and be done

I would definitely get more neon tetras and add at least 2 more cories. Also, if you do get bolivian rams, if they are a male and female and breed, there will be problems between them and the cories. If you do get both, I suggest you have a quarantine tank or other tank ready just in case.

Back
Top Bottom