29 gallon so far

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashleynicole

Aquarium Advice Addict
So here is my 29 gallon so far. The substrate is sand, I have a decent size piece of driftwood, I am using an old HOB filter I had, but I ordered an aquaclear 50. I got some java fern and a few amazon swords from the local fish store, although I ordered some hardy lowlight plants from aquariumplants.com including anubis, crypts, dwarf sag, and more java fern. I have two aqua-glo full sprectrum flourescent light strips and my fish stocked so far are as follows:

8 Cherry Barbs
6 cory's
4 oto's
1 apple snail

I want to add, when the tank gets a little more established,
1 bristlenose pleco
2 bolivian rams

I still have more supplies on their way in the mail including fertilizer and root tabs. And my kids are loving it. They have been staring at the tank non-stop, not to mention constantly playing with the mag-floats :D

I also really want to get some trumpet snails for the sand, but the local fish store didn't have any to speak of. I am debating weather to buy a plastic plain black background or weather to paint the back of the tank black. To help hide the cords ....

I would appreciate any feedback or input on this tank and my current stocking. I would like to also mention that I bought the Tahitian gold sand with active bacteria as well as two seeded filter sponges. I will be checking water parameters daily, but so far ammonia and nitrItes are at zero and I just had my first positive nitrates when I tested last night. I have another bag of sand ordered, waiting for it to arrive, I know that substrate is a little shallow.
I've attached a few quick snapshots from my cell phone. Also, the cory's were labeled "spotted cory's"

Looks great!!! You could put a gourami which would look cool with those bards

Lookin pretty sweet! I love those cories! I love the look of bolivians as well! Great tank though(y)

Also, arent germans a little stronger? Iv heard bolivians are better looking, but much more sensative. Might want to look into that just in case

Gboy u have it backwards lol js its gbr that are sencitive nd pretty but bolvians are stronger js

Also, arent germans a little stronger? Iv heard bolivians are better looking, but much more sensative. Might want to look into that just in case
you have your rams reversed :) I have attempted to keep GBR's in the past with poor outcomes. I can't seem to find bolivian rams anywhere locally though, My LFS does carry German's but I am going to wait until my tank is more established before I add either.

Ahhhhh jeeeez sorry hahahaha maybe thats why when i had a german it died in a day..? Hahah sorry all!

Back
Top Bottom