29 Gallon Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish are friends not food

Aquarium Advice Newbie
These are my stocking ideas for my 29 Gallon.
4 Tiger Barbs
4 Bleeding Heart Tetras
4 Neon Tetras
4 Harlequin Rasboras
4 Zebra Danios
4 Serape Tetras
I don't think there will be enough space but if there is I want to add a fiddler crab. It is not the high or long 29 gallons it is the original. I've never had problems with compatibility. Is this a good choice of fish with the exeption of compability?

fiddler crabs need lad if u didnt already know and they need salt in their water bc there brackish.and imo have serpae and tiger barbs are gonna kill you especially since they dont have 6

I had a fiddler crab in just freshwater for 2 years and i had no problems with it. Also I use to have 4 serapes and 4 tiger barbs and they never tried killing eachother?

that doesnt mean he was happy!probably strugglig to breath.and you ca try it but have a backup plan for the tigers and serpaes

Do you think if the the serapes and barbs don't get along do you think cherry barbs would be a better option than the serapes?

I'd probably go with barbs or tetra not both, they re most likely going to be some fin nipping though. And fiddler crabs need access to land and air. As far as brackish, it all depends on the lfs. Some keep them in brackish water and other in freshwater. You would need to ask you lfs what the water is that the crab is in. Some recommend you to keep them In freshwater because they were raised like that but it up to you.

Back
Top Bottom