29 gallon Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gotPreimer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey, friends. This is my first thread/post. And i need some help with my stocking. I have a cycling 29 gallon tank right now. So i started to think about what to put in it. Right now i thought of:

1 pleco
1 Male betta
2 platys ( Don't Really know any kinds/species of fish's yet)
2 sword tails

I personally dont like it.....so i just need ideas

Thanks!
- do you got premier?:fish2:

Hi there! I'll be happy to help with stocking, but first and foremost... Do you know about fishless cycling? If not check out the link in my signature.

Welcome to AA! I think he/she knows about fish less cycling home dog, he/she (clear this up for me? Lol) said I'm cycling and thinking about the livestock.

I suggest maybe 2 dwarf Gouramis, tetras/danios of your liking, and maybe 3 swordtails/platys.

Yes, i know about it, but i am not sure i am doing it right. :p Sorry, ill check out the link. - Thanks

Oh and thanks Dylan. Somewhere i heard that you cant keep a gourami, and a male betta in the same tank. Is this true?

That actually sounds right. (probably the colors, make the male betta aggressive) forget the betta.

Sorry... Just helps to check lol. Well, to give you an idea, I'm stocking mine as follows:
6 black skirt tetras
6 rummy nose tetras
6 orange laser cories
2 Bolivian rams (pair)
1 keyhole cichlid
1 starlight bristlenose pleco

It seems a bit overstocked... But I'm running a 75 gallon aquaclear HOB filter on it... so I'm not worried. Another thing... Bristlenose, clown, and rubberlip plecos would be the ones that'd fit. Any others may get too big. (mine is a variation of the bristlenose... So its ok too)

Homedog98 said:
Sorry... Just helps to check lol. Well, to give you an idea, I'm stocking mine as follows:
6 black skirt tetras
6 rummy nose tetras
6 orange laser cories
2 Bolivian rams (pair)
1 keyhole cichlid
1 starlight bristlenose pleco

It seems a bit overstocked... But I'm running a 75 gallon aquaclear HOB filter on it... so I'm not worried. Another thing... Bristlenose, clown, and rubberlip plecos would be the ones that'd fit. Any others may get too big. (mine is a variation of the bristlenose... So its ok too)

Yeah does seem a bit overstocked but with good filtration your probably fine. 12 tetras running around sounds fun to watch!m:)

You generally cannot keep two dwarf gourami's together. It's either one, or a large group with atleast 3 males and a 2:1 female to male ratio. I have a female betta with my dwarf gourami, and they do not fight, but they generally stay away from eachother. I wouldn't mix a male betta and gourami just because they are cousins and prob more likely to fight. As a general rule, keep short finned fish with bettas.

My 29 is stocked with:
Neon blue dwarf gourami
female crowntail betta
hillstream loach
6 Glo fish
6 borneo redfin rasbora
6 julii cories
2 CPO (dwarf crayfish)
Red cherry shrimp and green shrimp
purple apple snails
horned nerite snails
pink and blue ramshorn snails

Dylan5359 said:
Yeah does seem a bit overstocked but with good filtration your probably fine. 12 tetras running around sounds fun to watch!m:)

Exactly my plan! Muahahahaha!!!

Back
Top Bottom