29 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Somethingclever

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 29 gallon tank with 8 mollies in it. Lately i have felt like there isn't enough goin on in my tank. Can i add anything else? Or will it be over stocked? Thanks for any help.

What kind of filtration is on the tank, is the first thing I would consider, since mollies get pretty large and have big bio-loads.

If your nitrates don't exceed 20ppm in between water changes, I would think you could add a shoal of 6 cories, for example.

I have a filter thats made for 40 gallons i believe, looking to upgrade however. What kind of cories? Are we talkin pygmys or can i maybe go with peppered or albino? lol

Even having 8 mollies in my tank? I don't wanna get them and have them be miserable. Could i mix like 3 albino and 3 peppered?

I wouldn't mix the albino and peppered. They are totally different species and won't shoal together. If you do mix them get 4 of each so you have the minimum number of each. Or you could do albino and emerald..they are the same species so they should shoal together...I would think.

I have mixed species and they do not technically school , but they all hang out and swim together and lay together. They seem to know that the other guys are corys too. IME, they seem to prefer other corys who are similarly colored.

Back
Top Bottom