Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-22-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

29 gallon stocking ideas

ok, I have a 29 gallon that is pretty well cycled. right now there are a few danios and 2 male guppies saved from my daughters tank because it was not cycled yet.

I have the typical pet store set up...lol. natural color rocks, one big rock with a cave, and 5 plastic plants. I would like to get real plants, but I dont know how advanced I want to be yet.

So were thinking about stocking ideas.

My wife's first thought was a couple of Angel fish and some friends...but given the size the will get...and some agressiveness issues we are thinking maybe no. I would not mind getting a 55 gallon sometime but I dont know when.

She says she wants the tank to look like we are looking in on the river. She doesnt want a zillion tiny fish. Something with some interest to it. I just dont want a tank that looks empty.

Any thoughts or ideas and opinions?

Old 02-22-2011, 11:08 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to ejaramillo01
I think that a single Angel could be fine in your tank to be the "Main" fish, also I will suggest some corys, like 5 or 6, and 2 groups of tetras, there are many different types of tetras to chose from.

ejaramillo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:15 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

She doesnt like corys AT ALL...lol. Dont ask me why...I dont ask why...I just accept it.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:19 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to ejaramillo01
Lol

I do the same with my wife, I don't ask why anymore.
ejaramillo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:23 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

A pair of rainbow cichlids or keyhole cichlids would be a good option. You would then be able to add a small shoal of tetras as dithers and maybe a BN pleco or two.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:31 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

If she would be ok with small fish with big personality you could do a pair of rams or apistos. Then you could also include a small shoal of hatchets and a small shoal of tetras to fill the middle and top portions of the tank.

Tags
29 gallon, stocking, stocking ideas

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com