29 gallon temporary tank for Angelfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I completely understand that a 29 gallon is not the best tank for angelfish. The reason why I am even using it is because I previously had fish and this tank has been sitting in the garage for a good 2-3 years now and because my parents don't want to buy a 75 gallon and have all the fish die ( they say this due to my bad experience with fancy goldfish in the past and I now know it was because if overstocking) and realize they wasted a good amount of money on this tank. This is why I have to wait 6 months or so before upgrading tanks, to ensure that I have a good chance of having my fish survive. The time period can probably be shortened to even 4 months if the fish do well, so with this, what would you recommend?

I completely understand that a 29 gallon is not the best tank for angelfish. The reason why I am even using it is because I previously had fish and this tank has been sitting in the garage for a good 2-3 years now and because my parents don't want to buy a 75 gallon and have all the fish die ( they say this due to my bad experience with fancy goldfish in the past and I now know it was because if overstocking) and realize they wasted a good amount of money on this tank. This is why I have to wait 6 months or so before upgrading tanks, to ensure that I have a good chance of having my fish survive. The time period can probably be shortened to even 4 months if the fish do well, so with this, what would you recommend?

My recommendation is still the same, especially if you're not spending your own money on the tank. Stock your tank like you'll only be getting the 29, because in 4-6 months your parents could just as easily say this tank is doing so well you just need to keep it the way it is. Once you have the 75 in your house, go from there

My recommendation is still the same, especially if you're not spending your own money on the tank. Stock your tank like you'll only be getting the 29, because in 4-6 months your parents could just as easily say this tank is doing so well you just need to keep it the way it is. Once you have the 75 in your house, go from there

Correct me if I am wrong, but that is 2 angelfish right?

I would not mess with grouping angel fish in a 29 gallon. Listen to the man. 1 angel fish or 1 goldfish if that is the fish you must have. There are way better options for a 29 gallon like a sweet school of tetras, guppies, then you have room on the bottom for dwarf plecos, corries, etc and maybe sneak a Molly in or two. You are very interested in crap machines and you can get a much more diverse tank with just as much crap floating around that will be worth the effort of keeping it healthy.
If you do decide to go the multiple angel fish route your aquascaping must be designed to divide tank and break line of sight between the 2 fish and hope they can set territories in a small tank. A big plant or wood in the middle with smaller plants on each side for hiding has a chance at working and buy them tiny so they can set their territories before they are big enough to do damage defending them from each other. Good luck!! And over filter the tank. It should cycle 3-4 times an hour so no less than 120 gph and that's pushing it

Back
Top Bottom