29 gallon thread/journal!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
allaboutfish said:
juli corys, a colorful tetra, the white skirts, and anything else that look good in a cichlid/ amazon tank.

Ok, here we go:

6 juli cories
6 rummy nose tetra/glofish (more options then those... I just like them)
6 white skirts
1 kribensis (or two and make it a pair)
1 angel
1 bristlenose pleco

That would look very full, and I personally would do a 50 gallon AC HOB filter, and a 30 gallon AC HOB... But that's my preference. You'd be fine with just the AC 50.

on the glofish and rummynose what are som different options just wondering. i like rosy finned tetras would those work? i might do glofish though.

Most tetras hang out in the bottom half mostly, which you have already filled with the white skirts and kribs, so I'd go for something that would swim up top more. Not sure if something as zippy as glo's/danios would be great for the cichlids, but something that swims in that tank region would be advisable. Maybe a harlequin or other type of rasbora..or guppies would be great too.

guppies would get eatin and and i thought the skirts were middle and top half and homedog is never wrong about stocking so i think that's gonna be a full looking tank

siva, i have skirts... they always chill in the middle... as for other options rather than the tetras, the rasboras are great, as are neons, i don't think the guppies would get eaten, but its a preference thing there. there are also platys, which i know like to hang out in the top half like the guppies, and the danios might actually be good for the cichlids... especially if you go with the pair. they act as target fish, and keep aggression down, while giving the cichlids a good workout. it can be stressfull over time though. the platys are my vote at this point. you could do one male and three females, and sooner or later you'd have six lol. they breed like rabbits!

siva, i have skirts... they always chill in the middle... as for other options rather than the tetras, the rasboras are great, as are neons, i don't think the guppies would get eaten, but its a preference thing there. there are also platys, which i know like to hang out in the top half like the guppies, and the danios might actually be good for the cichlids... especially if you go with the pair. they act as target fish, and keep aggression down, while giving the cichlids a good workout. it can be stressfull over time though. the platys are my vote at this point. you could do one male and three females, and sooner or later you'd have six lol. they breed like rabbits!

Precisely, tetras are rarely in the top hence my thinking a top swimmer would work better than adding another tetra :)

oh ok i get it. and yea the guppies or any thing like guppies bettas and gouramis will get attacked sadly i think ill go with the glofish

ok, ok, ok siva. (i still think it'd work though?) :p just IMO lol. you could do 6 male platys if you'd like, as well as the same with guppies. also, as long as you add the angel and krib last, your guppies would be most likely safe and sound.

ok, ok, ok siva. (i still think it'd work though?) :p just IMO lol. you could do 6 male platys if you'd like, as well as the same with guppies. also, as long as you add the angel and krib last, your guppies would be most likely safe and sound.

Oh sorry. Just thought the tank was lacking some action at the top.

hmmmmm..... i just wouldnt have anything to do with them if one suddenly disapeared argggg.... but i do love guppies.. are german blues really as hard as everyone says bc one person on here in know has one in a ph of 7.4 (what i have) and id keep the nitrates at 5.0-10.0 with water changes and plants.

they are just overbred. if you can get a hold of a bolivian, that would be a much better choice. it all depends on where you get your stock. if you don't know the breeder with GBR's, don't buy the fish.

i have a great lfs that is family owned, and there are great reviews on it saying that they have never had a fish die on them from the lfs. also they put them in quarantine and wont even let you buy any until they are out of quarantine. oh and you should see they're betta bowls clean as a whistle. do you think it'd be good to buy one from there? i have never ever seen a bolivian anywhere i've went.

I have an awesome lfs just like that. The GBR I bought there died 6 days later :( I was prepared for it though..severum warned me. No harm in trying..just know the liklihood.

ok ill try and if that happens (hopefully not) ill get a kribensis. what are some special percautions i can take. this is all gonna get setup around birthday time so ill have around 200 dollars i can spend on the setup but 60 is going on a light.

Kribs and GBR are fine together lol I've got some breeding j. My 29g right now, as long as territory is watched there should be no problem. And IMO unless the person has had the fish before they don't know what the fish is like and there is nothing saying to fish f the same species are gonna act the same and show the same amount of aggression. I have three kribs one female two male, and a male GBR and a female GBR

For the GBR... Just have your nitrates as close to 0 as possible before it goes in. That's how they like it. They can adjust to ph, just as long as it isn't insane, and buy after they've been in the shop for a few days, or right after they come out of QT.

Back
Top Bottom