29 testing results.!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd wait until you have zeros for a while. Then add a small number of fish and monitor your levels for a few days. If you don't have a large spike your cycle should be complete. Just add your fish slowly.

maddybrat said:
I am only planning on having two fish.. So couldn't I get them at the same time?

Yea should be ok. What type of fish are you getting?

I am going to a good petco and looking at their chichlids. :) I know I have to get small ones though. Like GBR and convicts etc. Are they sensitive?

Wait, it's not done cycling yet.

You are thinking about nitrAtes getting over 30ppm, which is a good target area to do a water change. It doesn't take much nitrItes to harm the fish. Wait till the ammonia/nitrItes are reading steady 0s.

well if you get apistos or smaller cichlids you can have more than two. Unless you want to breed then 2 rams would be good. I've read that GBR are a little harder to keep than bolivian rams but bolivians aren't as nice as GBRs. If you water levels are ok by the end of the week then you can go ahead and get them just test your water everyday for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom