29G stock advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jtman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im in the process of building my own 29G tank stand to prepare for my christmas present :eek: . I want to have the tank planted and have a sand substrate. I really want to have Kuhli loaches. Ive read to have them in a group of 5 or more. I also want to have some sort of small cichlid like a pair of blue rams or a pair of kribs. I currently have a Red tail shark thats about 4 inches long. He needs to be in there as well. What else can/should i include? do i have room to have a small school of something? your input is apreciated

Make sure the shark has a little cave or hiding spot. That will keep him happy and less aggressive. Do not put any other long bodied fish in as they tend to fight with them (SAE, CAE, Fly Fox etc...). The Khulie loaches do well (as you say) in groups of at least 5. The sand will be great for them as they like to bury themselves and dig around. Perhaps a layer of laterite or flourite put in before the sand will help with the plant growth. Ram's would work great.

A scool of smaller fish would be good. Tetras come to mind: Rummy Nose, Neon, Cardinal, Glowlight, Black Neon, Silver Tip. Or Rasboras. Or if you like barbs then cherry barbs make a great addition and if kept in groups of around 5 or so then they keep any aggression in the group. Rosey barbs area bit bigger but they are well known for their ability to eat algae off of plants so they would be a great choice.

Thanks so much for your input. my 10G tank right now is just kind of a hodge podge of fish that most beginers end up with after a while. I cant wait til all this tedious planning pays off and i have a beautiful 29g tank sitting on my custom stand full of fun and fascinating fish

Thanks so much for your input. my 10G tank right now is just kind of a hodge podge of fish that most beginers end up with after a while. I cant wait til all this tedious planning pays off and i have a beautiful 29g tank sitting on my custom stand full of fun and fascinating fish

It sounds like you have taken the time to do alot of planning for this 29gal tank.
That is a good thing.
Sounds like it will be a beautiful tank.
Please post pics when/if you can.
Good luck.
:D

Back
Top Bottom