29g stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Afarmer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey, so I've just gotten into the aquarium world from a friend of mine and picked up a 29g tall, aqua clear 50, black sand, caves and plants. I'm currently doing a fishless cycling and have ideas what to stock with but since I've never done this before, I wanted to run it by people with experience. I wanted to do:
Tiger Barbs - 6
Neon tetras - 8
Panda cories - 6
Bolivian rams - 2

I know tiger barbs are nippers with neons but I've been told with a larger school of both they should get along. I'm just worried of overstocking but was told this was good. I just don't want to decrease the schools as I'd feel bad for the fish not being with its kind. Any insight is appreciated.

Good stocking number but I wouldn't call 6 barbs a larger school. More like the minimum size school.

I'm all about the cichlids and cories. Good pick.

You might like Cardinal Tetras better. Fuller color than neons and hardier.

I have 20 fish in my 29 gallon and the nitrates go up in little as a week without a water change, so be careful with 22 fish Luckily I have 3 tiger barbs that are doing fine, with 5 neon tetras, 3 cobra guppies, 5 guaraníes: 1 pearl, 1 blue, 1 pink kissing, 1 powder blue, and 1 red flame. I have one red cherry barb left from when I used to have 4... again avoid overstocking. I also have I ballon molly, and 3 platys

I have 20 fish in my 29 gallon and the nitrates go up in little as a week without a water change, so be careful with 22 fish Luckily I have 3 tiger barbs that are doing fine, with 5 neon tetras, 3 cobra guppies, 5 guaraníes: 1 pearl, 1 blue, 1 pink kissing, 1 powder blue, and 1 red flame. I have one red cherry barb left from when I used to have 4... again avoid overstocking. I also have I ballon molly, and 3 platys
More fish more work. Do larger water changes. If that doesn't work do more frequent large water changes.

Back
Top Bottom