29g Vampire Crab build thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My sole survivor never makes itself visible. Never. Crickets disappear so I know it's in there. Sigh.

siva said:
My sole survivor never makes itself visible. Never. Crickets disappear so I know it's in there. Sigh.
I'm surprised. I see mine more often than expected, and mine almost exclusively burrow. You'd think the more water reliant vamps like yours would be out and about.

--Adeeb

Yeah, I'd like to get some from a breeder. At this point I've spent (and lost) so much money on them that I'm just not sure if I want to go further with it...sigh. I'm still thinking about ordering from brianstropicals.

It's wierd because a few I had were out all the time, but this one has always been in hiding.

Not much to report, except that I saw all 5 crabs alive and well last night! It's good to know they're still doing okay, I haven't seen more than 3 at a time for months. No sign of any breeding behavior yet. They seem to be doing okay on a diet of frozen brine and mysis, along with occasional live crickets. I'm not sure how the figured out where to find the mysis, maybe they can smell it. I put in 3/4 of a cube every few nights and it's gone by morning.

I've been trying to get a decent shot of them but it's hopeless. They dive into their burrows the moment I open the door to my room.

--Adeeb

Got a pic! (the best I could get):
image-3406948773.jpg
They are still reclusive as ever. I haven't seen more than 3 at once, but I'm hoping they are still all alive.

--Adeeb

Great pic! Gosh, these guys aren't always the most rewarding pets to keep now are they! lol

Hhhhmmm . . . pictures are few and far between, guess like vampires they don't like to pose for the camera LOL.

Back
Top Bottom