29gal tall build thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The front left plant in the corner looks like it is an Anubis. Make sure the rhizome (thick stem roots and leave shoots come out of) isn't buried.

Make sure you supply root tabs for the crypts and all other plants they'll probably need the ferts

The rhizome is exposed, there's a small crater in the ecocomplete so you can't see it in the picture.

What type of heater do you have? I have one that has a max line, but it is below that line and jo issues

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If the tank isn't cycled yet, I'd use some of the filter media from your 5 gallon to cycle the 29. Do this before adding the Neons. Neons aren't the best fish for cycling small-ish tanks.

After your tank is cycled, I'd add at least five more Neons. They're small and you have plenty of room in there.
I moved the biological media over from my 5 gal, and I have "fed" the tank fish flakes as well as the bacteria in a bottle that came with the tank. I will check tomorrow to see if any ammonia is present.

I will definitely add more neons! My stock list is still very much in progress

15 Neon Tetras
7 Bronze Cory
Gourami? rams? apistos? Still havent decided.
Im really in love with pearl gourami but apistogramma cacatuoides catches my eye as well.

I moved the biological media over from my 5 gal, and I have "fed" the tank fish flakes as well as the bacteria in a bottle that came with the tank. I will check tomorrow to see if any ammonia is present.

I will definitely add more neons! My stock list is still very much in progress

15 Neon Tetras

7 Bronze Cory

Gourami? rams? apistos? Still havent decided.

Im really in love with pearl gourami but apistogramma cacatuoides catches my eye as well.

Go the apisto c.! Awesome guys wish I knew a place in Australia that stocked them. You may want less neons and maybe add another tetra school of fuller bodied tetras. You could do 9 neons and 6 of another terra species. I have both black neons and rosey tetras which I think are awesome! All up there's 10 tetras in my 26 gal. If I didn't have my cherry barbs which were from my first tank then I would increase the schools to 9 and 6.

Also good idea with hiding the rhizome in a crater. ?

Do you have any gnarly pieces of driftwood around I think something really twisted would look good in the back right corner.

Going driftwood hunting around my girlfriends parents place this weekend I'll post pictures of what I can find!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Did some parameter tests
Temp 75F
Ammonia 0.25
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Ph 7.4

Does my ph seem high?

Also picked up some 15L mayo buckets from work(I'm a cool) for water changes, I can final get rid of the tiny 1 gal I used to use.
I'm planning on plugging some stock ideas into aqua advisor tonight to come up with some plans.

Amazing tank!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks! Jeeze i cant wait to stock it...
Maybe something like this?
AquStockImage.php

On a side note my lfs talked me into buying giant planting tweezers when they saw how many plants I've been buying. Seriously some of the best money I have spent. I have the Do!aqua 10", they were stupid expensive, but it's like planting with a sniper rifle.

With those fish your tank will look amazing I can already tell

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Don't worry about your ph for now that's pretty good considering some peoples ph. The driftwood will lower it too as will a co2 system if you end up using one which most of us do haha.

That stock looks good. The black neons will look good with the regular neons.

Just a little update...
Nitrates and Nitrites are now present! Picked up some awesome river rocks outside of the city today, looking forward to cleaning them up and adding them, no driftwood however, and my LFS is charging ridiculous prices for their wood. My 5 gal shrimp tank has some new additions, about 10 baby shrimp. So I'm thinking of adding some to my 29 when they're older. I've also decided to change the bronze corys to pandas due to their smaller size and the fact that my LFS carries them more frequently. Aquaadvisor says that i can now fit 3 apisto. C's. Is this a good idea? Or are they better in pairs? I am willing to provide caves for both of the females.

I would keep it at 2 Apisto's just for the sake of a lower bio load and playing it safe.

Also keep in mind Panda's prefer colder temps than most Corys but other than that you should be good!

Back
Top Bottom