29L

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ld123

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ow many endler guppies could I keep in a 29L tank?

Would they be ok with a Cory and an oto?

15-20 is a bit ambitious! I know they are small, but in a 6 gallon, they wouldn't have any room to swim :/ I'm no expert, but I have kept them before. I had two in a 3 gallon and they were okay :) So maybe go with 5 or 6? Not sure though, you'd have to wait for someone with a bit more knowledge :)

Not sure about the oto/cory, but a Nerite Snail would be amazing for algae eating if thats what you want the fish for? I have two and they're amazing! :D

Hope I helped! :fish2:

Oh and obviously because they're livebearers, they will have babies like crazy if you keep males and females. If you dont want babies get only males because females can store sperm so could have babiies even after you've bought them.

If you want babies then you'll want to get about 2 or 3 females for every male. So probably 2 males and 4-6 females. You'll need somewhere to get rid of the babes to or you'll be quickly overstocked. You could ask at your LFS if they'd accept them for store credit/other fish/money. Or just keep them and get a bigger tank! ;)

:fish2:

I am considering just males but I don't know how many

Like I said, I'd stick with 5 or 6. To me that seems like a pretty safe number. You can always add a few more if it looks really empty and the parameters are okay - as in 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites and 5-40 nitrates.
That reminds me, is it cycled? And have you been adding a source of ammonia to stop the BB from dying off? :)

Yes it is cycled but had an ammonia spike which I have lowed to 0.25 but I am thinkin of re homing my 5 guppies and getting endlers as I think they will suit this tank size better?

Yeah, I agree that you should get rid of the guppies. By that I hope you don't mean killing them? Take them to your LFS. :) Endler's would be much better as they're basically the same thing but smaller.

Also, keep doing daily water changes until the ammonia is at 0 constantly, because even a small amount will harm your fish. THEN, get your Endler's. ;)

No I couldn't do that. My cousin has a guppy tank

I wouldn't say max. but get 6 to start with. f your water parameters are okay after a few weeks, buy 1 or 2 more. :) But then I would say that is your limit. :)

I have an aqua one 320 tank so the swimming space is generous

An AquaOne 320 is only 28 litres which is 7.3 US gallons, so there is not that much swimming space, when you've added the 6-8 Endler's. :)

I have 2 corydoras and 2 Otos then hope to introduce endlers soon as my cousin had my 5 guppies

I'm a little confused - some said 15-20 endlers on here?!

Back
Top Bottom