2G Tank - Heater Question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You should be fine. Just make sure to set it low. When the temp gets to the right level then turn it down a bit. I run a 50 watt in my 5 gallon tank. Pretty much the same thing.

Forgot to mention that this is an Acrylic tank. Is there any chance for accidents in this case ?

Vijay :?:

As long as the heater isn't touching the side of the tank and as long as the water isn't like 100F then you will be fine.

What if the contacts of the heater get stuck and the temp. raises all the way up. Can an accident happen then ? How can this be prevented ? :?: :?:

Vijay

I have two 2g setups w/ a Betta in each and I haven't needed a heater yet. The lightbulb (especially if you use an incandescent bulb) heats it up just fine. Just stick a thermometer in your tank and watch for temp changes... you might not need a heater at all, depending on how long you leave the light on.

Accidents can happen anywhere, anytime. I wouldn't personally use a heater in a tank less than 5 gallons for fear of boiling my fish... but others use them without a problem.

Well this will kill all of your fish regardless of the heater size. Any heater will eventually raise the temp up too high if allowed. This is the chance we take with smaller tanks. Not much you can do about the internal workings of a heater.

Perhaps that is why in smaller tanks, very small heaters are better.

Vijay

Back
Top Bottom