2wks into cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Orphan15cs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hear ye, hear ye. 2wks. In and my numbers are: Ammomia 0.0... Nitrite 1.0 going down... Nitrate 20.0. I'm fortunate in that I've done this five times and never had a problem. I learned how at this very site... AA. Dose with clear ammonia to 4.0, and leave the tank alone. Nature will take its course. Next week I will be looking for small schooling fish to add to the tank. Once acclimated I'll add four corys. This is the exciting part. Wish me luck.

Nice. Wait until your nitrites stay zeroed out and 2 ppm ammonia is converted to nitrates in 24 hours. Good luck!!

Fishless Tank Cycling

Hear ye, hear ye. 2wks. In and my numbers are: Ammomia 0.0... Nitrite 1.0 going down... Nitrate 20.0. I'm fortunate in that I've done this five times and never had a problem. I learned how at this very site... AA. Dose with clear ammonia to 4.0, and leave the tank alone. Nature will take its course. Next week I will be looking for small schooling fish to add to the tank. Once acclimated I'll add four corys. This is the exciting part. Wish me luck.

Hello Orph...

You say you've done this type of tank cycling before. Are any of the previously cycled tanks running? If they are, you could easily cycle your new tank instantly by just removing something from one or more of the established tanks and put that into the new tank. You could add a few, small fish and simply test the water every day or two to make sure the bacteria you transferred is working.

B

2wks in

Thanks 4 your input. That's a great idea. But I don't have other tanks up and running. My last was a 55 gal. Saltwater but had to shut down due to health issues. Today the new freshwater tank is ripe for some fish. A small schooling fish will be my goal. Once the established fish are thriving I'll see to a few Corys or whatever catfish I can find available.

Back
Top Bottom