3 day vacation away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MitcherNeaf

Aquarium Advice Regular
I went away for 3 days and left the tank completely unatended besides my father in law checking to see if they were alive, and instructed to take them out if they are dead. Got back and checked my levels right as i came through the door, and all of them are perfect. The tank has only been set up for about a week, how is it that after 3 days the levels did not changed, it can't be cycled already.
I was wondering if sense when i bought the tank, the guy emptied it about 15 minutes before i got there, and i filled it back up less than 2 hours after recieving it, coudl this mean that some of the bacteria could still be there and this is why im already partially cycled? None of the gravel was left in the bottom, just a few rocks that came with the pleco he gave me, maybe a pound at the most.
Thanks alot
Mitch

Also remember that when not fed, the fish will produce much less waste. They still will have produced some waste from normal activity, but you definately have some beneficial bacteria already in the tank, so your cycle should go quickly.

Back
Top Bottom