3 gallon fish/invertabrate ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish_lover

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is there a fish/invertabrate that eats algea and can be in a 3 gallon tank with a betta ?

Hmm, I love nerite snails, they can't breed in FW an are better algae eaters. I would also get a lid anyway because Betta's are jumpers

Hmm, I love nerite snails, they can't breed in FW an are better algae eaters. I would also get a lid anyway because Betta's are jumpers

Well I have a lid but it has openings in it for the light , filter , and feeding hole and I wouldn't want a snail to get out , what are some shrimps ? I've had ghost shrimp before but I don't know if I should get those again or a different shrimp . I have an algae problem right now and I want it gone or at least some of it gone .

What type of snail ? I've heard that mystery snails leave their slime all over the place

Mystery snails don't leave any slime where they go. I've had seven and none of them had any slime problems. Also they are very fun to watch and wont eat any of your plants, they will "garden" them and eat the dead plant matter.

Mystery snails don't leave any slime where they go. I've had seven and none of them had any slime problems. Also they are very fun to watch and wont eat any of your plants, they will "garden" them and eat the dead plant matter.

Oh okay , someone said they live slime trails alover

You could also have a colony of cherry shrimp people breed them and then sell them on the site.

I just don't know if I should get cherry shrimp , ghost shrimp , or a mystery snail , hmmm ?? It's a hard choice . Of I got shrimp I would probably get 2 or 3

You could try some ghost shrimp but it'd depend on your betta too. They might just become snacks for him.

None of these are going to eat algea. I'd get 2-3 nerite snails. Unless your params are bad, they won't escape. I have no lid on my tank and when I got an ammonia spike, the nerites just went on the glass above the water line.

None of these are going to eat algea. I'd get 2-3 nerite snails. Unless your params are bad, they won't escape. I have no lid on my tank and when I got an ammonia spike, the nerites just went on the glass above the water line.

I don't have any petstore/fish stores that sell nerite snails and I can't order them

Back
Top Bottom