3 new Habrosus 1 new pygmy, treat tank with General cure again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragon14

Aquarium Advice Addict
We just got 3 new Habrosus pygmy cories and 1 pygmaeus pygmy cory (he would have been the only catfish in there and I didn't wan to leave him alone).

About 2.5 weeks ago, we treated the tank with General Cure due to suspected colminarus and/or parasites for our pygmy (pygmaeus) cory cats (we have 5 currently). Thanks again to sinibotia for the help, you're amazing!

Would it be ok to treat the tank again so soon as a preventative? We've been losing pygmies since last September, so, clearly it is an issue that can happen with them :/ I don't want to lose any new guys or have them give the other ones anything.

Invest in a QT( quarantine tank).

This will save you multiple headaches and money.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well the Pygmies died weeks (some a few months) apart and only they were affected.

We are pretty much done getting fish now. I just want to know if its ok to dose the tank again w General Cure two week after we treated the tank.

I know a quarantine tank is what should be done. There's no room for one though.

Well we lost the small habrosus. He was pretty small. Maybe due to stress. We haven't seem him in 4 days or so and didn't find a body.

So either he is really good at hiding or one of our shrimp had a feast after he died.

Back
Top Bottom