3 questions , no answers (yet )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubbles0oO

Aquarium Advice Addict
Question #1:

I have a mystery snail ( tewey) and I was thinking of either movig him Ito a dirtier tank that is fighting algae on the plants , would he help with that?
Or would I be better off getting another mystery snail , I have also noticed tewey by the waterline a lot, he is fine and so are the parameters could tewey be trying to lay eggs, ( base t yer but waterline is high) my other tank's watering is a little lower. What would be best for moving tewey if I did , how should I aclanated him to th new tank?

Question #2:

I have a 55g that has mollies Platies and guppys ( and tewey and some ghost shrimp) what could be a good friendly centerpiece fish preferably of medium size and colorful , I'd only like one so any non schooling idea is good.

Question #3:

I have a piece of driftwood that won't sink! I have soaked it for like 5 days in water and it turned a tea color ( expected) and started to sing and is now sitting on the bottom but is in the same position. I have truer flipping it but it goes back to the position, any suggestions?

Thanks for reading this lol

Per thanks for any replies that really help me!! :thanks:

Im not really sure how effective the mystery snail is ate battling algae growth since ive never really had much problems with it but i do know that it eats as it goes along the glass because i can see it lol! Aswell as that I have noticed atleast one baby snail in my tank since I bought the big one from the FS and put it in. And im pretty sure i watched it lay eggs today (not really sure)

AS for the drift wood i would say get a rock and use some sewing string or thin fish line to secure the DW to. that should keep it at the bottom

My drift wood is at the bottom already just laying at an unsightly angle when I try To flip it it goes back as if it still has a bubble, should letting it sit help?

If you put your snail in the other tank it might start to multiply... It should help with the algea and for the waterline thing. Is it a live bearing mystery snails or egg laying?

I would let it sit for a while longer. But if you can't wait on it then go ahead and turn it to the position that you want to and in the event that once again it doesn't stay try to make a "sightly" change to decor or Rick temporarly to hold it in place and still look good. Just what ever works for you I.guess

1. Mystery snails do not eat much algae.
2. Pearl gourami would be nice IMO.
3. Sometimes it takes quite a bit longer than 5 days for the wood to become waterlogged. Just give it time.

I'll look into getting another pair of snails ( one for 55 the other for 16)

As for the pearl I'll look into it ;0

The drift wood I'll let sit for awhile longer, do you suggest changing out the water it's in?

Yeah, mystery snails do nothing against algae IME. Try nerites, or even some otto cats. Both are interesting and helpful, so Win Win,

Smaller gouramis, or maybe a paradise fish. Both would do well.

Try strapping it down under water in the position you want it in for several days, that should help.

Bubbles0oO said:

The drift wood I'll let sit for awhile longer, do you suggest changing out the water it's in?

Yes change the water whenever it becomes brown/light brown

Bubbles0oO said:

I changed the water everyday when I soak my dw mumma of two has a good way of doing it aswell. Something to do with bowling the wood for so long then let it sit and repeat. But I'm not sure if those are the right steps or not...

Back
Top Bottom